Aleksandr has been conducing policy research at Visionary Analytics since 2014. Throughout the years he participated in numerous projects in domains of digitalisation, labour markets, and R&D&I. Currently Aleksandr thematically predominantly focuses on analysing the effects of new technologies on the labour market, evaluating the research and innovation landscape in the EU, identifying how advanced data analytical techniques (including data mining and machine learning) can be applied to analyse different phenomenon throughout the EU.
As a Research Manager at Visionary Analytics Aleksandr coordinated and conducted research and evaluations, oversaw implementation of different projects from preparation to finalisations, prepared and implemented extensive methodological guidelines, carried out extensive data collections and analysis exercises, prepared policy briefs and recommendations, wrote and published several academic papers in high impact journals, and more. His area of expertise includes carrying out complex data analysis exercises including running regression analysis, building clustering and classification models, building web scraping / crawling algorithms, working with large data set, carrying out text mining exercises, and more. He also participated or carried out a variety of projects for different EU clients, including, but not limited to the European Commission (DG EMPL, DG RTD, DG CONNECT), CEDEFOP, and the Joint Research Centre.
- PhD in Economics (ongoing), ISM University of Management and Economics (Lithuania).
- Master of Science (MS) in Computer Modelling (2018), Vilnius University (Lithuania).
- Study On “Support to the Observatory for the Online Platform Economy [Continuation], DG CONNECT, 2021-2023.
- European Research Data Landscape, DG RTD, 2021-2022.
- Evaluation study on the external coherence and synergies of Horizon 2020 within the European research and innovation support system, DG RTD, 2021-2022.