Managing Partner, Director
Research on R&D and innovation systems, evaluation of R&I and competitiveness policies and governance models. Extensive work with the EU and national governments through contract research, expert group involvement, and invited presentations.
Agnė is in charge of the policy research and evaluation in the fields of R&D, innovation and competitiveness policies. She has 17 years of experience in the evaluation, impact assessments and feasibility studies as well as applied social sciences. Agnė also specialises in foresight and other prospective planning methods. She had been an evaluator of various EU level programmes as well as operational programmes implemented under the Lithuanian strategy for the use of European Union Structural Assistance for 2004-2006, 2007-2013, 2014-2020.
Key areas of expertise:
- R&D, innovation and competitiveness policies and governance.
- national, sectoral and regional innovation systems.
- R&I strategies of organisations.
- impact assessment and evaluation.
- foresight and future trends.
|Research and evaluation of education, R&D and innovation policies|
|European Commission, since 2009||Selected projects:
|National governments, since 2004||Selected projects:
|Services for national governments, since 2000||Selected projects:
- Paliokaitė A. (2016). Innovation Policies and Firm Absorptive Capacities: Minding the Gap. Paper presented at the ISPIM 2016 International Innovation Conference „Blending Tomorrow‘s Innovation Vintage“, 19-22 June 2016, Porto.
- Paliokaitė A. (2016). Open governance maturity model and institutionalisation challenges. Paper presented at the Foresight Conference „For the Future Generations“, 8 June 2016, Helsinki, Finland.
- Paliokaitė A., Martinaitis Ž., Sarpong D. (2016). Implementing Smart Specialisation roadmaps in Lithuania: lost in translation? Technological Forecasting & Social Change 110, 143-152.
- Paliokaitė A., Martinaitis Ž., Reimeris R. (2015). Foresight methods for Smart Specialisation Strategy in Lithuania. Technological Forecasting & Social Change 101, 185–199.
- Paliokaitė A., Pačėsa N. (2015). Relationship between organisational foresight and organisational ambidexterity. Technological Forecasting & Social Change 101, 165–181.
- Martinaitis Ž., Gaušas S., Paliokaitė A. (2015). Cultural and constitutional embeddedness of autonomy in Lithuania. Chapter in: Re-discovering university autonomy (Turcan R., Reilly J., Bugaian L.(Eds.)). ISBN: 9781137393821.
- Paliokaitė A., Martinaitis Ž. (2014). Implementing Smart Specialisation roadmaps in Lithuania: lost in translation? Paper presented in the 5th International Conference on Future-Oriented Technology Analysis (FTA) – Engage today to shape tomorrow, Brussels, 27-28 November 2014.
- Gaušas S., Owczarzak R., Paliokaitė A. (2014). Anticipating and managing the effects of greening of industries in the European Union: Skills development in the overall context of job quality. In: OECD/Cedefop (2014). Greener Skills and Jobs., OECD Green Growth Studies, OECD Publishing.
- Paliokaitė A., Pačėsa N., Sarpong D. (2014). Conceptualizing strategic foresight: an integrative framework. Special Issue: Strategic Foresight, Strategic Change. Volume 23, Issue 3-4, 161–169.
- Paliokaitė A. (2013). The relationship between organisational foresight and organisational ambidexterity. Doctoral dissertation. Vilnius, ISM University of Management and Economics.
- Paliokaitė A. (2010). Industry level foresight: Designing foresight methods for Lithuanian energy sector. Enterprise and Work Innovation Studies, 6, IET, 9 – 51.
- Paliokaitė, A. (2010). Networking as a Route for Corporate Foresight in SMEs. IET Working Papers Series, WPS10/2010, pp. 31.
- European Commission, DG REGIO. Ex post evaluation of Cohesion Policy programmes 2007-2013 financed by the ERDF and CF Work Package 2 on “Support to SMEs – increasing research and innovation in SMEs and SME development”, 2015.
- Client: European Commission, Joint Research Centre, Institute for Prospective Technological Studies. Stairway to Excellence Report Lithuania, 2015.
- Client: European Commission, DG Research and Innovation, Joint Research Centre. RIO Country Report. Lithuania 2015.
- Client: MOSTA. Project “Support for identification of Smart Specialisation Priorities for Lithuania for 2014-2020″: Methodology (in Lithuanian), Long-Term National Challenges Facing Lithuania‘s Economy and Society. Background discussion paper to support development of Smart Specialisation Strategy in Lithuania (in English), Report on Smart Specialisation Priorities (in Lithuanian), 2012-2013.
- Client: the Ministry of Economy. Project and report: Evaluation report on the Lithuanian science and business collaboration effectiveness and coordination of funding possibilities (in Lithuanian), 2011.
- Client: Prime Minister’s Office. Project: „Results Based Governance“, Systemic evaluation of Lithuanian innovation policy (in Lithuanian), 2011.
- Client: MOSTA. Project “Integrated analysis of the higher education and research governance”.Meta-analysis of studies on the strategic governance of research and higher education in Lithuania (in Lithuanian); Analysis of interactions of research and higher education with other public policies and sector’s strategies (in Lithuanian); Final report on the integrated analysis of research and higher education governance in Lithuania (in Lithuanian); Comparative study of models of monitoring and analysis of research and higher education (in Lithuanian), 2008-2009.
PhD, ISM University of Management and Economics, 2013. ISPIM Innovation Management Dissertation Award 2014 finalist (Top 10%).
MBA, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, 2001.